Regional Australians For Climate Action
Represented by Bruce Campbell, Administrator
How does your organisation address climate change?
Regional Australians For Climate Action (RAFCA) is an independent, unaligned group that promotes urgent climate action. RAFCA believes regional Australia will benefit from new industries, new jobs, and a repaired natural environment by transitioning to a low carbon economy. Our members are also encouraged to lobby politicians at all levels to increase action on climate change.
What is your organisation doing to create a better future?
Regional Australians For Climate Action (RAFCA) members lobby governments to:
- Australia will end the use of thermal coal by 2030.
- Australia will end deforestation by 2025.
- Australia will end sales of new fossil fuel-powered vehicles by 2026.
- Australia will transition to 80% renewable energy by 2030.
- Australia will increase its contribution to international climate finance for developing nations to AU$3 billion per year.
- Australia will cease all assistance, foreign investment, and other support for new fossil fuel development from July 2022.