Central Australia Health Service
Represented by Ty Mark, Director Infrastructure, Contracts & Facilities
How does your organisation address climate change?
Central Australia Health Service has initiated energy initiatives scoped into Capital Works, Minor Works and Specific Maintenance Works projects.
The Alice Springs Hospital will progress an initiative of food waste recycling to composting mulch. Initiatives we have already achieved include:
- Close the Loop resource recovery (printer cartridges);
- Dedicated infrastructure to collect, separate and recycle - cardboard, plastics, paper, glass and aluminium, ban the purchase and use of polystyrene cups;
- Commenced phase out of single-use plastic in staff rooms;
- Replacement of plastics for Meals on Wheels;
- New CAHS warehouse / supply stores fitted with 30kW solar panel system;
- Committing to 2 infrastructure solar installations;
- And electric vehicle charging installations.