31 August 2022
Better Futures Forum: 6 and 7 September 2022, UNSW Canberra
Monday 5 September (side-event, day prior)
A net zero health system that’s ready to protect Australians from climate health impacts?
50 health leaders meeting to develop an implementation plan to:
- prepare the health system for climate health impacts
- and eliminate the industry’s carbon footprint.
Tuesday 6 September
Unleashing renewable energy storage. Large scale deployment of batteries could prevent future price spikes. With Andrew Barr, Lara Panjkov, Luke Osborne, Carla Stocks, Francis Wedin, John Grimes.
Steps to future-proof an ambitious climate agenda. With Janine Mohamed, Brynn O’Brien, Anjali Sharma, David Pocock, Dan Bourchier.
Decarbonising sectors to achieve Australia's climate agenda together. With Deo Prasad, Virginia Marshal, Akaash Sachdeva, Michael Wheatland, Louise-Marlena Tarrier, Claire O'Rourke.
Keynotes: Opportunities for Australia in the new energy economy
- Lord Adair Turner, Chair of the Global Energy Transitions Commission
- Ban Ki-moon, former UN Secretary General: Working together on Australia’s national security and climate resilience
- Janaline Oh, Diplomats for Climate Action Now
Keynotes: International Policy Frameworks
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO European Climate Foundation
- Plus: Cathryn Eatock, Ian Fry, Brianna Fruean, Raymond Minniecon.
Wednesday 7 September
Breakfast with Minister Chris Bowen
Sunshot: how we can create 395,000 clean export jobs. With Michele O’Neil, Clark Butler, Karrina Nolan, Kelly O’Shanassy, Dermot O’Gorman, Emma Herd.
Preparing Australia for Climate Impacts in communities across the Asia Pacific. With Anthony Burke, Jane McAdam, Pichamon Yeophantong, Elizabeth Boulton, Ian Cumming, Willy Missack, Fengshi Wu.
Strengthening the resilience of local governments to protect communities from the impacts of climate change. With Paul Barnes, Sophie Lewis, Mary O’Kane, William Chan, Jason Sharples.
A Business Manifesto to advance accelerated action on Australia's Climate Recovery. With Hudson Worsley, Brett Shoemaker, Skye Blair, Brynn O'Brien.
All sessions are open to media except Monday’s health roundtable. Full list and program at https://www.betterfutures.org.au/forum_program.