As the world comes together to address the current health and climate crisis, we believe accelerating Australia’s transition to a zero emissions society is central to our economic recovery and to delivering better futures for us all. Acknowledging that we need everyone – across all walks of life – to realise the opportunities of a zero emissions future, Better Futures Australia works to complement climate work already underway and scale success stories across the country.
This was the final session of a 3-part webinar series to hear from ambitious and forward thinking corporate and finance sector leaders on the importance of taking climate action today. Watch the recording to hear advice on how to join Australia’s growing community of climate champions that are working to create a prosperous, net zero emissions economy by 2050.
Let’s get practical: Specific ways for business to contribute.
- What are the ways companies can make their contribution?
- How do you start ? What’s the cost? What are the opportunities?
- How are companies grappling with their reporting requirements on TCFD?
- Any early lessons learnt?
- What are some of the barriers that still need to be overcome?
Monica Richter, Senior Manager & Project Director, WWF - Australia
- Jon Dee, RE100 Australian Coordinator
- Carla Alzamora, Engagement Coordinator, ClimateWorks Australia
- Ryan Swenson, Head of Sustainable Development, Officeworks (TBC)
- Karen McWilliams, Business Reform Leader, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
The leadership from people, like RE100 membership or companies like OfficeWorks, sends a really positive message to politicians that it’s safe to make that jump into a sustainable future.” - Jon Dee, RE100 Australian Coordinator
For information on how to join the Corporate & Finance Sector Working Group to be involved in future discussions, reach out to us at [email protected].