The Corporate and Finance Working Group convenes representatives of for-profit companies and SMEs, financial service firms and institutions, including investors and professionals from insurance and superannuation companies, managed funds and banks.
The leadership from people, like RE100 membership or companies like OfficeWorks, sends a really positive message to politicians that it’s safe to make that jump into a sustainable future,” Jon Dee, RE100 Australian Coordinator.
Together, they are identifying and amplifying real-world climate action success stories and facilitating collaboration among stakeholders to strengthen existing efforts, identify gaps and share tools and knowledge to enable further action.
In November 2020 the group hosted the webinar series, 'a critical moment for environmental decision making'. View the recordings of each session below.
BREAKFAST PANEL: painted a picture of the international playing field and where we can expect to see things happening in the lead up to COP26.
Thanks to Andrew Petersen, CEO, Business Council for Sustainable Development - Australia for moderating the session, and to the excellent panelists:
- Claire O’Neill, Managing Director, Climate & Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Dean Bialek, Head of International Politics Unit at COP26 Climate Champions Team & Principal Advisor, Strategy, Mission2020
- Emily Kreps, Capital Markets Global Director, CDP
LUNCHTIME PANEL: explored the business case for climate action in Australia and the size of the opportunity today.
Thanks to Erwin Jackson, Director at Investor Group on Climate Change for moderating the session, and to the excellent panelists:
- Michael Lord, Lead Researcher at Beyond Zero Emissions
- Janelle Burston, Carbon & Energy Manager at Wesfarmers
- Akaash Sachdeva, Senior Responsible Investment Adviser at HESTA
AFTERNOON PANEL: unpacked the practicalities of taking climate action and how we can harness the opportunities in Australia today.
Thanks to Monica Richter, Senior Manager and Project Director at WWF-Australia for moderating the session, and to the excellent panelists:
- Jon Dee, RE100 Australian Coordinator
- Carla Alzamora, Engagement Coordinator, ClimateWorks Australia
- Ryan Swenson, Head of Sustainable Development, Officeworks (TBC)
- Karen McWilliams, Business Reform Leader, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
We would like to acknowledge the Corporate & Finance Working Group Convenors for their advice, thought leadership and support.
- Monica Richter, Senior Manager – Low Carbon Futures and Project Director – Business Renewables Centre at WWF-Australia
- Andrew Petersen, CEO at the Business Council for Sustainable Development-Australia
- Wei Sue, Program Manager at ClimateWorks Australia
- Tom Arup, Director, Strategic Communications at the Investor Group on Climate Change
Join the discussion on LinkedIn.
If you have interest in supporting this group, let us know at [email protected]
Other organisations participating in this working group include:
Australian Conservation Foundation
Beyond Zero Emissions
Business Council for Sustainable Development - Australia
Business Renewables Centre at WWF-Australia
Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Climate Reality Project
COP26 Climate Champions Team
Investor Group on Climate Change
NSW Sustainability Advantage
The Sunrise Project
World Business Council for Sustainable Development