Australia, this is our moment to drive national climate action...
Realising that ambitious climate action is vital to the future health and prosperity of our businesses and communities, Australians from all corners of society and the economy will converge at the Better Futures Forum to share messages of climate ambition and hope for better futures for us all.
The Better Futures Forum will see a diversity of business and industry leaders, local and state and territory governments; investors; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, farmers; healthcare and social institutions; developers, unions, workers, artists, academic and cultural institutions; and communities:
- publicly express their commitment to more ambitious climate action;
- showcase and celebrate real-world achievements;
- inspire further climate action across society and the economy;
- engage decision makers to support actions that will deliver zero-emissions, healthy, climate resilient, and better futures;
- demonstrate that Australians from all corners of society and the economy are ready for an ambitious national response to climate change; and
- influence the Australian position at the UN Climate Conference in November.
Spread across three days, this dynamic virtual event will feature interactive plenary sessions, lightning talks, workshops, exhibits and entertainment across a number of virtual stages.
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to be inspired by and join a growing community of climate champions in advocating for a national response that will reach net zero emissions by 2050 or sooner.
The full program will be released in June 2021. Watch this space for updates...