We are seeking your ideas and proposals to shape an interactive, action-oriented program.
This is your opportunity to celebrate your climate achievements, engage decision makers and inspire further action across Australia as part of the national Better Futures Forum.
Please submit your expression of interest form by no later than 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 16 May 2021. Submissions will be reviewed by the Better Futures Australia team.
Through Tuesday 17 - Thursday 19 August, sessions will be held in a dynamic virtual space featuring plenary sessions, lightning talks, interactive workshops, exhibits and entertainment across a number of stages. Sessions will run from 9:00 - 10:30; 12:00 - 13:30; and 16:00 - 17:30 AEST across the three days. Visit the Program page for further information.
Participants to the Better Futures Forum will:
- publicly express their commitment to more ambitious climate action;
- showcase and celebrate real-world achievements;
- inspire further climate action across society and the economy;
- engage decision makers to support actions that will deliver zero-emissions, climate resilient and healthier futures;
- demonstrate that Australians from all corners of society and the economy are ready for an ambitious national response to climate change; and
- launch an alliance of non-state actors to influence the Australian position at the UN Climate Conference in November.
Who can apply?
- Better Futures Australia members, including: Partner organisations; Sector Working Groups; Ambassadors; Champions; and Signatories to the Declaration.
- Submissions close 11.59pm AEST, Sunday 16 May 2021.
- Please keep a separate record of your submission responses as these will not be provided in the submission confirmation email.
- You will be notified about the success of your submission by no later than Friday 28 May 2021.
- We will work with successful applicants to develop a detailed session framework and its placement in the overall program, to be finalised by no later than Friday 25 June 2021.
How long can my session be?
- Your proposed session/s can run for a minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 60 minutes. Your proposal can involve running multiple 30 - 60 minute sessions within the set times across the three day program: 9:00 - 10:30; 12:00 - 13:30; and 16:00 - 17:30 AEST.
If you have any questions, please contact our team.